What To Do Before Sending SMS Campaign ?
Bulk SMS has been one of the most popular channels for spreading your marketing messages to companies over the past couple of years. When it is used properly, it can help you widely to reach your audience and precise targeting. Also known as Short Text Messaging, Bulk SMS service offers a lot of amazing benefits. Here are some of the cool facts of bulk SMS service –
- Most widely accessible tool for marketing your business and it clearly leaves email marketing far behind. Around 97% of users receive or send SMS at least once in a week.
- People and organizations who are spreading their products through the medium of text messages have 40% higher rates of conversion than the ones who use other mediums of communication.
- SMS messages receive over 97% of open rates while emails have only 20%. Just because a text is read and opened, it does mean receiver could be converted into customer. In simple words, you need to be very specific about where those messages are going and how often you send the same to your potential customers.
Keep in Mind These Things before Starting Bulk SMS Campaign
- Be clear – Your content should be to the point and clear when choosing content of text messages. There is a limit of 160 characters. If you exceed this limit, your message will be broken into several texts. Be creative. Avoid slangs. Your texts should stand out over the competitors.
- Timing – Don’t send messages on odd hours, i.e. too late or too early in the day. Be sure to give enough time to customers to act on your texts. No one likes to get discount after making purchase. Sending messages in odd hours may irritate your customers and they may also cancel subscriptions.